Are You a Successful Writer?
Any attempt to measure success may drive a mildly insane writer over the edge
1. Are you published?
2. Have I heard of your book?
3. Are you on the NY Times Bestseller’s list?
4. Has Oprah called?
If you answered no to any of the questions 1-4, you stay up nights contemplating your failure.
5. Is there a member of your family, critique group, or circle of friends that admires your writing?
6. Have ever you gotten fan mail? (Even letters/emails calling you Stephanie Meyers by mistake count.)
7. Is your book in a library? Has it ever been checked out?
If you answered yes to any of the above, you’ve experienced happiness. For at least a minute.
Part III – Bonus Question
8. Despite all the ups and downs, do you still love writing?
If the answer is yes, than you are both happy and a success!!